Kid & Family Friendly Fun
Be a kid again!
Think back to when you were a kid and you spent most of your time outside. Forget the tablets, phones, and video games. There's an entire island to explore! Find your inner child and try these fun activities with your family:
- Collect beach glass
- Swim at public beaches
- Build sand castles
- Take a family fishing charter trip
- Do fossil rubbings with crayons and paper on the nature trails (leave the fossils in the wild, please!)
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Go birding at Jones Preserve on Long Point or at the North Pond Preserve
- Go stargazing
- Ride a bike on all the roads you see on the map
- Take flat rocks from the beach and paint them
- Visit our island's playgrounds - (downtown, at the school, the KI Wine Co., Cameron Rd.)
- Take a hike on one of our beautiful trails
- Challenge your family to a game of mini golf
- Plan a picnic at the State Park Campground, Seaway Marina pavilion, ball field pavilion, or grilling area on Division St. & Ward Rd.
- Build a camp fire and make s'mores
- Try a new flavor of ice cream
- Take a kayaking trip with Kelleys Island Kayak Rental or Island Adventours
- Visit the Kelleys Island History Museum
- Journey to the Herndon Sculpture Garden & Galleries
- Visit the animals at the KI Wine Co.