Support the Marblehead Peninsula Chamber of Commerce!
Danbury Township, Lakeside on Lake Erie and the Village of Marblehead share a rich history and we are known as The Marblehead Peninsula. Our many miles of shoreline on Lake Erie, the harbors and Sandusky Bay have encouraged our visitors and residents to affectionately call our peninsula “Vacationland.” Recreational opportunities abound and enhance the many businesses and historical sites that are deeply rooted in our little corner of the world.
Our history is rich and varied, from the War of 1812 Battle Marker, to Johnson’s Island Confederate Cemetery, to the Keeper’s House, to the Marblehead Lighthouse, to Lakeside’s Chautauqua resort, to stone quarrying and peach and apple orchards. The many charming shops and businesses are reminiscent of a New England village.
The Marblehead Peninsula Chamber of Commerce is proud to have been an active member of this unique community for over 80 years. We are pleased to have members from surrounding areas such as Kelleys Island, Port Clinton, Fremont, Oak Harbor, and Sandusky. We look forward to working with each and every member. Most members on the Chamber’s Board of Directors are self-employed individuals who give a strong backing to the continued development in this area.
- To promote and market the Peninsula for the purpose of economic growth and good will among the businesses of our area.
- To provide a structured organization to assist the business community with economic and community concerns.
- To assist established businesses and to encourage and promote new businesses by supporting selected programs to benefit the short and long term interest of the Peninsula.
- Public recognition at our awards banquet for outstanding service by individuals and area businesses.
- Sponsor of Boy Scout Troop 331 and Cub Scout Pack 331 for over 50 years
- Sponsor of Lakeside-Marblehead Lighthouse Festival
- Coordinated promotion of area businesses with other local tourism entities.